Joining as the OSGB member you will get:
• Four issues of our quarterly Journal (the 18-month Subscription includes six issues)
• Free entrance to OSGB meetings which include lectures, a raffle, table shows where your plants are judged and the option for members to bring plants for sale or to buy plants.
• Access the Annual Orchid Auction in January to buy or sell plants
• Wide networking opportunities with other orchid growers which will improve your knowledge of orchids
• Annual photographic and art competition.
• Access to a wide range of books and periodicals devoted to orchids through our Library.
• Opportunity to exhibit your own orchids and have them appraised by BOC qualified judges
• Learn about the orchid judging system
• Advice on your troubled plants at the meetings
• Opportunity to participate in staging exhibits and shows
• Write articles for the Journal or simply enjoy reading it and attend meetings
Joining is simple
Annual membership is from January until the end of December.
Annual membership fees are:
- £15 for a young adult (under 21)
- £20 for an adult
- £5 to add an additional family member registered under the same address
For new members wishing to join mid-year, an 18 month membership is available
(from July until December the following year).
The 18 months’ membership costs:
- £22.50 for a young adult (under 21),
- £30 for an adult
- £7.50 to add an additional family member registered under the same address
If you want to support the Society through Gift Aid select “yes” in the payment form.
Gift Aid is a scheme which allows charities and … to claim from HMRC, the basic rate of tax their donors have paid. Gift Aid increases the value of donations by 25%, so it means even more money goes to the causes you care about – and it won't cost you extra.
If you would like to give someone membership to the society as a gift, please contact the Membership Secretary at the above address.
You can also print a paper registration form and send it to the Membership Secretary via post should you wish to do so.
Membership enquiries and applications should be made to the Membership Secretary:
Mrs Sue Johnson
Le Touquet, Station Road, Elsenham, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM22 6LG
Tel: 01279 812704